Writing a successful research work implies months of unstoppable search for information and producing original thoughts. For lots of people this process seems to be difficult as they have to write more than 200 pages. But being aware of some simple tips, there will be an opportunity to finish writing research paper even within a month.
Main Obstacles to Writing Successful Dissertation
It is obvious that writing the paper requires much research and perseverance. Most of the problems that people may face are caused by poor self-organization and time-management.
Firstly, a person may be preoccupied with negative thoughts. If he or she is afraid of the supervisor’s opinion, and perceive a task as an insurmountable, or an internal critic is always trying to point at the lack of perfectionism, all of these simply result in failure.
Secondly, if a student have not properly planned the structure of a paper beforehand and have not set clear deadlines, it can be challenging for him or her to alter the whole work and hand in it to the mentor in time.
Finally, the most important problem can become a wrong choice of the topic which is too broad, or do not approach a scientific question directly. Consequently, it may involve further rewriting of the whole research paper.
Easy Solutions to Combat Dissertation Writing Difficulties
There are several tips that will help you to overcome the obstacles and compose a paper fast and effectively:
- The whole task of writing the paper should be broken into smaller ones which are much easier to manage.
- Set a specific time limit for every task, and never recede from it. Work diligently on it every day.
- Cast away negative thoughts. Try to suppress a strong internal criticism. Do not make efforts to stick to perfectionism.
- Do not isolate yourself. You should remember that writing such a serious academic paper requires a dialog with yourself, colleagues, mentors, etc.
- Overcome your fears and give every written chapter for commenting to your supervisor as early as possible.
Tips to Improve Your Paper
Along with the general recommendations how to avoid difficulties while working on the project, there are also tips how to make your paper better.
- Arrange your arguments into one sentence.
- If you can express the whole idea laconically, you are able to compose a decent work. For achieving this, it’s important to recognize essential issues for your study and try to convey them in a nutshell.
- You must start writing even if you do not want to.
- If you do not feel inspired to write something worthy, you must combat that feeling and make yourself sit at the table. Everything makes a difference, from spelling down separate ideas to working with the list of literature.
- Remember that your paper has to refer to a specific issue.
Forming profound evidence is a basis of your research, and therefore, you have to build up own strong arguments, defeat the weak ones and start a discussion.
- Add clarity to the paper by using more active verbs and transition words. You should limit the usage of verbalized nouns as they make the language more complicated and less understandable. Also, it’s necessary to stick to an academic tone.